SW WA Equity Coalition
The Southwest Washington Equity Coalition is a group of leaders who represent a cross-sector group of organizations and community leaders seeking to advance racial equity through policy advocacy, institutional change, and creating an inclusive culture in southwest Washington. SWEC in context is transformational in promoting equity and inclusion in meaningful and collaborative relationships built on trust.
- Their strategies include:
- To increase collaboration around community-wide initiatives focused on equity for historically underserved communities.
- To advocate for public policy efforts that increase equity for communities of color locally.
- To ensure institutions are providing equitable outcomes within their spheres.
- To encourage solidarity between groups to promote racial justice, equity and Inclusion.
- To be a strong voice and stand against racism and its intersection with other systems of oppression.
- To empower systemically underrepresented communities.