Pledge Campaign – FAQ
What is a pledge?
A pledge is a PROMISE. It shows your intended financial support for the church during the fiscal year (July 1 through June 30).
The online pledge form can be used.
Or you can download the form to print and return by mail.
Do I need to pledge?
Short answer, YES! Making and fulfilling an annual pledge deepens your faith and sustains the Unitarian Universalist Church of Vancouver for the benefit of us all and the wider community we serve.
Also, from our bylaws, membership in this Church is open to any person who:
- Is in accord with its purpose including the Principles of the UUA and the current Church covenant,
- has attained the age of sixteen,
- Pledges a financial contribution each year, unless granted a waiver by the Minister, and
- Has an understanding of the history and current status of the UU denomination.
To foster an atmosphere of shared ministry, all members are encouraged to volunteer their time and talents to sustain the Church and its mission. It is understood that neither subscription to creed nor participation in ceremony is required to become a member of the Church.
How do I pay my pledge?
Once you have turned in your pledge form so we know what you intend to do, the next step is to fulfill your pledge by choosing which way you want to pay your pledge amount. Our church fiscal year is from July 1 – June 30th. You can pay your pledge by credit card, EFT from your checking account, writing a check and more.
You can pay monthly, annually, or at whatever interval works for you by:
- Give online. Set up electronic payment using a checking account, debit card, or credit card for July through June. Use the Donate button or click here. Create or login to your account to set up a recurring payment or to make a secure one-time gift via ACH bank transfer or debit/credit card. See more detailed instructions below.
- Send a check by mail. Make your check out to “UUCV.” Please be sure the check includes a note or memo indicating it’s a pledge payment. Send your check to UUCV at P.O. Box 1621, Vancouver, WA 98668.
- Use the Vanco Mobile App:
- Pay in person at Sunday service. Put your check in the offering basket. Make your check out to “UUCV.” In the memo box, add “Pledge payment.”
- Set up a distribution from my IRA
- Email email@example.com if you would like help. We can set up an electronic payment for you using your checking account, debit card, or credit card.
Can you tell me more about how to set up my online giving account and create a recurring pledge payment?
If you’d like to set up online giving, there are few steps you’ll need to take.
- First, click the donate button on the UUCV website or click here.
- Click on the button that says “offer support” under the pledge payment icon.
- Select the amount, frequency, and start date of your pledge payment. You generally want your pledge payment to begin after July 1st.
- Click the button called “Add to basket.” This is like “Add to cart” found on commercial websites like Amazon. It’s just a holding area.
- Review your payment choice. Click “Continue to payment.” If you click on “Continue to Payment,” you will then be asked to “Continue with Account.” This is a login page. If you don’t have a login/password set up, you would do so at this point.
- Under the heading Payment Method click on either Credit or Debit Card or Bank Account. Then enter your account details or, if you haven’t done so already, log in to access your saved payments if you’ve donated online before. Enter your contact information if needed.
- Once everything is entered correctly, go over to the box called “Basket.” If you would like help cover the costs of online payments, click the toggle to choose to contribute extra to help cover the processing fees and then click the “continue to review” button.
- If everything looks accurate, finish the transaction by confirming payment.
If you would like to view these step by step directions with pictures, click here.